So you’ve got your bottle of beard oil. You’ve got a beard. How are we gonna get these two crazy kids together?
That’s usually the second question asked (right after “Why do I need to use beard oil?”) by those new to taking care of their facial hair: How do I apply beard oil?
Fear not – it’s pretty straightforward. And it doesn’t take much beard oil to get the job done. Our advice is this: Start small with your amount because you can always add more. The other way around? Not so easy.
With that caveat out of the way, here are some basic pointers to put you on the road to a better-conditioned beard:
- Ideally, you’ll want to apply beard oil just after a shower (or washing your face).
- Pour a small amount into your palm – from a few drops for a brand-new beard to various coin-size amounts depending on how much beard you’ve got.
- Massage the beard oil into your beard and the skin underneath – work both up and down for maximum coverage.
- Comb or brush your beard as you normally would.
- For any excess oil on your hands, you can use that to smooth your beard down.
That’s it, really! As you can see learning how to use beard oil is pretty simple stuff, but it will make a huge difference in how your beard (and skin) feel.